Thursday, September 26, 2013

So, how are you?

I get this question a lot and I will answer it but let's recap Sam.

We saw the Orthopedic on Monday. One of the screws had come lose in his arm but it looks to be like it won't cause any problems. Sam still can not feel a lot of his chest, right bicep and tricep and left ribs. This worries him...well, and me. Most of this is probably nerve damage that hopefully will return back to normal. The Doctor did give it to us straight that we do not know the full extent of what injuries and damage Sam has from the accident. At the 3 month mark is when we will see what should be back to normal and what is not. But he has come SO FAR, SO FAST!!
Sam started Physical Therapy on his arm yesterday. This was exciting!!!
Just a day at a time...

So to answer the question...How are you?
My husband is alive. We are so grateful for that. He can walk, and talk and that could VERY easily not have been the case. He is out of the hospital and home and moving when they told me he would probably still be in the hospital at this point. GRATEFUL...I am.

I'm tired.
I'm worried.
I am up at night with kids who are having bad dreams that something happens to their dad again. Dealing with anxiety and stomach aches about leaving their dad to go to school.
Naughty behavior from our youngest because she's not getting the attention she needs. OK...she's usually naughty, but not this bad.
What if my husband can't go back to work? This keeps me up at night.
I worry about him when he is discouraged and feeling down. I can't imagine what is going through his head.
But then this happens and I will take my victories for the day..

No comments:

Post a Comment